Friday, May 22, 2015

They Say You'll Miss This

Cookie#4, ca. 2007

When my kids were young I would wish the days away waiting for them to grow up. They say you'll miss these day but it's so hard! It's exhausting! The days are monotonous; running one right into the other. The nights are long and it seems you'll never catch up on sleep.  It can be lonely and depressing; a time full of self-doubt and frustration. No wonder it seemed like somedays I was just holding my breath, hoping to survive one more day.

My baby just turned 8 yesterday. I am starting to see my family grow up. Some days I do wish to hold those small babies again but I'm mostly just grateful to watch them grow and to begin to see some of the fruits of my labor. I have a few words of encouragement to all those moms out there with little ones, just keep going! It'll be worth it! It may not be glamorous day in and day out but you are doing a great work! Sometimes all you can muster is to get yourself out of bed and be there. Sometimes that's enough; just being there! The smiles aren't always real. The enthusiasm isn't always there. It will come. Just keep going! Every diaper you change, every meal you prepare, every bath you give is a blessing to your child. Just in meeting those simple, basic needs, you are laying a strong foundation for that little human. They are blessed. They will love you for it. They will have all they need to flourish and grow. That's huge! It seems so simple but I have learned that by small and simple things, great things shall come to pass (Alma 37: 6-7).

So give yourself a break! Recognize your worth! You are blessing your family more than you could ever realize. And in turn you are blessing the entire world : ) Moms are so awesome!

Cookie #4, age 8, 2015
All ready for his baptism on Saturday. So proud of this young man. 

1 comment:

  1. So true. I can't believe it was 8 years ago those sweet boys were born. Happy birthday, Joshy. Wish we could celebrate with you !

    ReplyDelete