Friday, July 10, 2015

Bring on the Treats of Week 4

To eat or not to eat, that is the question. I wish I had a picture of my dessert from last night. Seriously! It was perhaps the most delicious strawberry shortcake I've ever eaten. The ladies in the kitchen used heavy cream instead of water in the biscuits. And that's the problem. I have not stopped eating since I got here. You see, they serve dessert after both lunch and dinner and I find it impossible to pass up! Rice crispy treats, ice cream, brownies, muffins...it's too much. If we're being honest, I think I'm replacing my family's hugs with dessert! Oh my...there will be a whole lot more of me to hug when they get here.

I'm super bummed...I planned on posting my top 5 pictures from week 4 but I can't get my photos to load. Booooooo!!!!

Pictures or not, it was an eventful week. Today marks the end of the first two weeks. That means we said goodbye to a small group of girls (who were sad to go) and said hello to the new additions. I'm afraid to commit but I think I'm going to try to learn the first and last names of all the campers. The girls actually have a game to earn points for their team (you know, kinda like teams in Harry Potter) for the girl who can name everybody's first and last name at camp. I was so impressed when the girls actually did it! 5 point to the Jolis Coeurs (that's my team). It means pretty heart : )

You missed out on my happy lice dance tonight! None of the new campers have lice! Isn't that exciting!?! We are currently lice free, as far as we know. That is a reason to celebrate! I also celebrated progress on my golf swing this week. Every Wednesday morning I have been taking a group of girls to a great local course for a golf lesson. What? That's so awesome. Last week we did putting and this week we hit some balls at the range. With a great tip about shifting my weight on my follow through I was able to make some improvement. I have a ways to go but the pro told me I was doing well : )

My favorite time of day is definitely camp fire. We actually do it in doors at the large fire place and if it's warm, even simply by candle light. The girls know a book full of songs. Some dating all the way back to the beginning of camp, 1920's. There are some classics that I know but many I am learning for the first time. It's such a wonderful way to close the evening. We end with a song of prayer.

I've started the count down to seeing my boys. It's 14 days from tomorrow. I can do that! I miss the hugs and kisses. Although I have met a lot of very nice people here, there is nothing like love. Love makes life worth living. I just can't imagine living life without love. It's the most joyous feeling ever. I can't wait for them to get here so can feel their love. I've texted Randy a few times saying that I need "my people." Isn't it beautiful that our families become our people. I'm so blessed to be a part of a family. I'm completely enjoying my adventure and can't wait to share it with them. Missing Anna a whole bunch : (


My people and me, circa 2008





No comments:

Post a Comment